Stew leads the Energy Regulation team at Citizens Advice, which focuses on how the energy system and networks are regulated in the interests of consumers. His team represents British energy consumers’ interests in policy and negotiations for energy networks and systems. This includes flexibility, demand side response, price controls, network charging, the wholesale market and industry codes. He is also Citizen’s Advice’s lead on European energy issues.
Mr Horne has a background in government and energy regulation. During 4 years, he worked at Ofgem leading the work on consumer empowerment, prepayment meters and the Confidence Code. Earlier in his career, Stew worked on a number of high-profile consumer projects in central government, including nutritional labelling and digital television switchover.
On the agenda
Stew Horne, Head of Energy Regulation, Citizens Advice, UK
Hans Vandenbroucke, Head of Market Structure, Elia System Operator, Belgium
Antony Zegers, Responsible for R&D projects for System Operators and Service Providers, AIT / International Smart Grids Action Network
- Electra - Luciano Martini, Director of Transmission and Distribution Technologies, RSE Spa, Italy
- FutureFlow - Darko Kramar, Assistant Director, TSO Division, ELES, Slovenia
- UPGRID - Roberto González Sainz-Maza, Global Smart Grids, Iberdrola, Spain
- InspireGrid - Stefano Maran, Leading Scientist, RSE Spa, Italy
- Puglia Active Network - Vincenzo Maria Emma, Senior Project Manager, e-distribuzione, Italy
Discussion moderated by Annika Viklund, Senior Vice-President, Vattenfall, Sweden