Stefano Maran is Leading Scientist in the Department “Sustainable Development and Energy Sources” of Ricerca sul Sistema Energetico - RSE SpA. Since 1988 he has been involved in research activities on environmental impacts of the electric sector. He contributed to Italian and EU projects, dealing with the integration of energy infrastructures into the environment, the development of Decision Support Systems and Web GIS, and their implementation to the integrated management of natural resources. He contributes to several working groups in international and Italian initiatives. He was the coordinator of the European FP7 project INSPIRE-Grid Improved and eNhanced Stakeholder Participation In the Reinforcement of the Electricity Grid.
Stefano Maran holds a degree in Physics from the Università degli Studi di Milano.
On the agenda
Stew Horne, Head of Energy Regulation, Citizens Advice, UK
Hans Vandenbroucke, Head of Market Structure, Elia System Operator, Belgium
Antony Zegers, Responsible for R&D projects for System Operators and Service Providers, AIT / International Smart Grids Action Network
- Electra - Luciano Martini, Director of Transmission and Distribution Technologies, RSE Spa, Italy
- FutureFlow - Darko Kramar, Assistant Director, TSO Division, ELES, Slovenia
- UPGRID - Roberto González Sainz-Maza, Global Smart Grids, Iberdrola, Spain
- InspireGrid - Stefano Maran, Leading Scientist, RSE Spa, Italy
- Puglia Active Network - Vincenzo Maria Emma, Senior Project Manager, e-distribuzione, Italy
Discussion moderated by Annika Viklund, Senior Vice-President, Vattenfall, Sweden