Luciano Martini works for RSE (Italy) where he is the Director of the “Transmission and Distribution Technologies” Department. Luciano Martini has 25 years’ experience on Research & Development activities dealing with renewable energies, superconductivity, and smart grids. He is the Coordinator of the EERA Joint Programme on Smart Grids, which includes 40 research organizations representing 17 European countries and of ELECTRA the European Integrated Research Programme on smart grids. He has been repeatedly recruited by organizations as the European Commission and the US DOE as independent expert to review research proposals and publicly funded R&D projects.
Moreover, he is the vice-Chairman of the Executive Committee of the International Energy Agency (IEA) Technology Collaboration Programme for Smart Grids (ISGAN) and Chairman of a “Co-Operative Programme for Assessing the Impacts of High-Temperature Superconductivity on the Electric Power Sector”, and member of several CIGRE and IEC international working groups.
On the agenda
Stew Horne, Head of Energy Regulation, Citizens Advice, UK
Hans Vandenbroucke, Head of Market Structure, Elia System Operator, Belgium
Antony Zegers, Responsible for R&D projects for System Operators and Service Providers, AIT / International Smart Grids Action Network
- Electra - Luciano Martini, Director of Transmission and Distribution Technologies, RSE Spa, Italy
- FutureFlow - Darko Kramar, Assistant Director, TSO Division, ELES, Slovenia
- UPGRID - Roberto González Sainz-Maza, Global Smart Grids, Iberdrola, Spain
- InspireGrid - Stefano Maran, Leading Scientist, RSE Spa, Italy
- Puglia Active Network - Vincenzo Maria Emma, Senior Project Manager, e-distribuzione, Italy
Discussion moderated by Annika Viklund, Senior Vice-President, Vattenfall, Sweden