Hans Vandenbroucke graduated as Commercial Engineer from University of Leuven and holds a MBA-degree from University of Leuven and ESADE Business School in Barcelona. Started his career at Electrabel in 1997 where he cooperated at establishing the Amsterdam Power Exchange in 1999.
Since 2007 he works within ELIA and is responsible for the design of the Belgian Market Model within the Market Development department. Hans is looking especially at the integration of Demand Side Response and Distributed Flexibility in the market and the interactions between TSO and DSOs in the coordinated access to distributed flexibility. Hans is also a member of the ENTSO-E TSO-DSO Project Group and member of the SG3 Expert Group for Deployment of Demand Response.
On the agenda
Stew Horne, Head of Energy Regulation, Citizens Advice, UK
Hans Vandenbroucke, Head of Market Structure, Elia System Operator, Belgium
Antony Zegers, Responsible for R&D projects for System Operators and Service Providers, AIT / International Smart Grids Action Network
- Electra - Luciano Martini, Director of Transmission and Distribution Technologies, RSE Spa, Italy
- FutureFlow - Darko Kramar, Assistant Director, TSO Division, ELES, Slovenia
- UPGRID - Roberto González Sainz-Maza, Global Smart Grids, Iberdrola, Spain
- InspireGrid - Stefano Maran, Leading Scientist, RSE Spa, Italy
- Puglia Active Network - Vincenzo Maria Emma, Senior Project Manager, e-distribuzione, Italy
Discussion moderated by Annika Viklund, Senior Vice-President, Vattenfall, Sweden