Darko Kramar has been working for the Company ELES, Slovenian Transmission System Operator, for the past thirteen years. He is an expert in electrical engineering with a focus on electric power systems operation and electricity markets.
His main areas of responsibility are operational security, ancillary services, cross-border capacity and balancing issues. During the first four years as a senior analyst, his work entailed system analysis, involved also in inter-TSO compensation mechanism. From 2007-2012 he was Head of Strategy and Risk management, responsible for TSO activities related to electricity markets. He was involved in the establishment of Central Allocation Office in Central-Eastern Europe, in the implementation of day-ahead market coupling between Italy in Slovenia and in the harmonization of scheduling processes among CEE TSO’s as a working group convener.
In 2013, he assumed the position of Assistant Director in the TSO Division, representing ELES also in ENTSO-E RG CE Plenary and SOC. Mr. Kramar is fully engaged in various projects, among others he is a co-coordinator of the H2020 project FutureFlow.
On the agenda
Stew Horne, Head of Energy Regulation, Citizens Advice, UK
Hans Vandenbroucke, Head of Market Structure, Elia System Operator, Belgium
Antony Zegers, Responsible for R&D projects for System Operators and Service Providers, AIT / International Smart Grids Action Network
- Electra - Luciano Martini, Director of Transmission and Distribution Technologies, RSE Spa, Italy
- FutureFlow - Darko Kramar, Assistant Director, TSO Division, ELES, Slovenia
- UPGRID - Roberto González Sainz-Maza, Global Smart Grids, Iberdrola, Spain
- InspireGrid - Stefano Maran, Leading Scientist, RSE Spa, Italy
- Puglia Active Network - Vincenzo Maria Emma, Senior Project Manager, e-distribuzione, Italy
Discussion moderated by Annika Viklund, Senior Vice-President, Vattenfall, Sweden