Antony Zegers gained experience in the utility sector working on Smart Grid projects at Eandis. In 2013 he joined the AIT Austrian Institute of Technology and is currently responsible for R&D projects for System Operators and Energy Service Providers.
His main areas of expertise are the integration of renewable energy sources in distribution grids and their provision of ancillary services to support grid operation.
He holds a master’s degree in electro-mechanical engineering from the Ghent University in Belgium.
On the agenda
Stew Horne, Head of Energy Regulation, Citizens Advice, UK
Hans Vandenbroucke, Head of Market Structure, Elia System Operator, Belgium
Antony Zegers, Responsible for R&D projects for System Operators and Service Providers, AIT / International Smart Grids Action Network
- Electra - Luciano Martini, Director of Transmission and Distribution Technologies, RSE Spa, Italy
- FutureFlow - Darko Kramar, Assistant Director, TSO Division, ELES, Slovenia
- UPGRID - Roberto González Sainz-Maza, Global Smart Grids, Iberdrola, Spain
- InspireGrid - Stefano Maran, Leading Scientist, RSE Spa, Italy
- Puglia Active Network - Vincenzo Maria Emma, Senior Project Manager, e-distribuzione, Italy
Discussion moderated by Annika Viklund, Senior Vice-President, Vattenfall, Sweden