InnoGrid2020+ has become the not-to-be-missed EU event on innovation in electricity networks. The European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E) and the European Distribution System Operators for Smart Grids (EDSO) will focus the 2016 edition on “Digital Energy”.
This year’s conference will address the innovation paradigm behind the distribution and transmission interface. It also will take stock of on-going R&D projects. Finally, it will address the question of how regulation could facilitate innovation in the new power system. Beyond engaging presentations, panel sessions and debates, InnoGrid2020+ will run a poster and exhibition session, enabling participants to interact and share knowledge and best practices.
The event is co-organised by EDSO for Smart Grids and ENTSO-E, along with partner Florence School of Regulation and The Netherlands Presidency of the Council of the EU, and sponsors Ampacimon, Landis+Gyr and Smart Wires.
The 5th InnoGrid2020+ previously scheduled in March has been postponed on 27 June (afternoon) and 28 June (full day) at the Center for Fine Arts in Brussels.
Among those confirmed to participate in the high-level agenda:
- Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-President and Commissioner for Energy Union
- Mateo Jaramillo, Global Director, Tesla Energy
- Alberto Pototschnig, Director, ACER
- João Torres, Chairman of EDSO for Smart Grids, CEO, EDP Distribuçao
- Marie Donnelly, Director, DG Energy, European Commission
- Peder Andreasen, ENTSO-E President, CEO, Energinet.dk
- Jean-Michel Glachant, Director, Florence School of Regulation
Follow discussions live on Twitter #iGrid16